Number Match is a simple maths game to practice number skills with your students. This quick game is a great way to start class or as a break between activities to help students get refocused on the next task.
Ways to use Number Match
Number match can be used in a number of different ways. Here are some of the ways we use it in class.
- Highest score – Put your students in teams of 2/3 or individually with small groups and see who can get the highest score. Each round lasts 60 seconds.
- Last student standing – Students in a circle take turns answering the questions. If the timer runs out or the clock stops the student who’s turn it is in eliminated. Continue the game until one student is standing.
These are just two ways you could use this. Please share any other ideas you may have below in the comments.
- Make sure you students answer in English or the target language.
- Use this game regularly to develop students’ quick thinking in the target language.
- This tool, like all our online games, work really well with interactive boards if you have them. Additionally, all our games work on mobile and tablet devices so are great for one-to-one teachers too!
Enjoy and have fun!Find more games and activities on our YouTube Channel