Human Bingo is a fun icebreaker activity that is a great class introduction activity for young learners, teens and even adults. In this activity, students are given a bingo card with random statements. Students must go around the room questioning the other students in class to complete their bingo card.
Activity time: 10 – 15 minutes
Materials required: Pre-prepared bingo cards, a small prize (optional)
Skills Practiced: Speaking, question forming, listening
Level: All levels young learners 10+, teens and adults
- First print out a bingo card for each student.
- Next, the teacher instructs the students that they need to go around the room and find someone who matches the statement on their bingo card.
- The student must get the person to sign their name to the statement that matches them. With larger groups, players cannot sign more than one box on a card.
- The first student to complete their card needs to shout “Bingo!”
- After, the teacher should ask follow-up questions about the person who signed each box.
- Enjoy and have fun.