Verbictionary is a variation of the classic game pictionary. In this version, students are split into two teams. One member from each team is shown a verb by the teacher. Next, the two students must draw a picture to represent the verb. The first team to guess the verb correctly are the winners. After, another two students become the drawers and are given a different verb.
This game is one of my personal favourites and is always popular with students. Continue reading below for more detailed instructions and find the printable verb card.
Aim: To Practice Verbs
Level: Young Learners 10 + , teen and adults (A1+)
Materials: Chalk or whiteboard, list of verbs below
- Divide your class into two teams.
- One member from each team comes to the board and is the drawer for the team.
- The teacher tells or shows the two ‘drawers’ a verb. When the teacher tells them to start, they must draw anything that represents the verb.
- The first team to shout the correct verb wins that point.
- Continue with two new ‘drawers’ until one team is the winner.