“Concentration” is a great way to revise and study vocabulary. This can be a great way to help your students remember spelling and words in a competitive memory challenge.
Activity Time: 5 mins +
Materials required: paper, pencils, list of vocabulary (on whiteboard or flash cards),
Skills practiced: Vocabulary and spelling, vocabulary revision
Level: Young learners
1. Write words on the board that you want your students to revise or place flashcards of the words.
2. Show the students the words or flashcards and tell them they have one or two minutes to look at the words and remember as many as they can.
3. When the time is up, students have to write down as many words as they can remember. When they are finished they have to tell you what words they could remember. This is a great game for students to revise vocabulary.
- Put students in pairs or groups.
- Get the students to put the words in the correct order.