Anagram word game is a simple activity for teens and adults with a lower intermediate and above level of English. Students work in teams or individually to make the longest and most number of words from the anagram.
How to play
- Put students into teams or they can play individually (higher level groups)
- One of the teams gets to choose if they want a vowel or consonant. They need to choose a combination of 9 letters.
- Next click on “Start timer”
- When the timer finishes the teams stop writing the words. Award points for the longest word and the most number of words. The game will display a number of potential words that you can use to verify the teams answers.
- The team with the most points wins.
Find more games and activities on our YouTube Channel
More Online ESL Games
Discover more of ESL Kids Games’ online activities .
ESL Odd One Out – an online game that is a great way to practice vocabulary and speaking with young learners. This activity is great to help students practice for the Cambridge Movers exam.
ESL Vocabulary Fortunes – An online game for teens and adults that is a great way to practice vocabulary on a large number of topics.
ESL Bomb Game – Bomb is a simple scoring system that adds excitement to any game.
ESL Hangman – Hangman is a simple way to practice spelling and vocabulary recall with your students.
Describe the Photo – A great way to practice speaking about photos for B1 (PET).
ESL Play Your Cards Right – A fun higher or lower game.
ESL Countdown – A great game to practice vocabulary and spelling.
ESL Writing Prompt Generator – A fun way to practice writing with young learners and even teens.