Scattagories for Kids!
This version of Scattergories is designed especially for kids or lower level English learners. This simple no-prep warmer/cooler is a fun way to get students thinking in class. Simply choose a letter and then start the timer. Students have 2 minutes to think of a word for each of the eight categories. The winning team is the group with the most answers!
How to use Scattagories for Kids!
How to play
- To play scattergories, first, put students in teams or groups of 2 or 3. Each group will require a piece of paper to write down their answers.
- Next, click “choose” a letter. This is the letter that each word must start with for each category.
- When everyone is ready, click on “Start Timer”. Students have 120 seconds to try and think of a word for each category.
- When the time is up, the teams swap papers and check each other’s answers. The team with the most valid words in each category gets a point (giving a maximum of three points available each round).
- For subsequent rounds, repeat with a different starting letter.
- The team with the most points at the end of the game wins.
ESL Scattergories! – Want to play this game is higher level students? Try out other version of this game
More Online ESL Games
Discover more of our interactive online young learner games.
Alphabet Game – In this mini game students need to touch the letters of the alphabet in order. Ideal for young learners.
Animal Vocabulary Games – Practice animals with these four interactive online games. These fun games are a great way to revise animal vocabulary with your students.
How Many? Counting Game – Practice counting, numbers and ‘there are’ / “there is” with this fun interactive counting game.
Movers Spot the Difference – Practice for the Cambridge Movers Speaking exam with this free fun interactive online game.
Spot The Difference – Can you spot the differences? Levels 1 – 8 are now available, more levels coming soon.
Interactive Word Search – Online interactive word search (word soup) puzzles for Young learners with target vocabulary for Cambridge Young Learner Exams (Starters, Movers and Flyers A1 & A2. A Fun way to practice spelling with students in class, on their own or online with Zoom.
ESL Hangman – Hangman is a no-prep way to practice spelling and vocabulary recall with your students.
ESL Picture Reveal – A fun way to introduce a topic, unit or just revise vocabulary with your students. These preprepared picture reveals will save you time and have students reviewing vocabulary in a fun and interactive way.
Memory Match – Review vocabulary with young learners with these interactive memory match game.
Find more games and activities on our YouTube Channel