Here are a few that I use in class.
Figure of 8
Tell your students to do the following actions:
- Draw a figure eight in the air with your writing hand. Repeat this five times.
- Now do the same with the opposite hand.
- Now try with both hands at the same time.
- As above try the same with your elbows.
- Have the alphabet written around the room with letters L, R or T under each letter.
- This can be done on cards or on an electronic whiteboard.
- You then say a word to do with your subject and read it a letter at a time.
- Students then have to look at the chart and move their arms or / and legs according to the letter next to the alphabet letter.
1. Read through A to Z and then Z to A getting students to move arms and legs as directed on the grid.
2. When starting with keywords read out keywords with few letters increasing to longer words and get
them to move arms and legs as directed on the grid. For example – car, science etc
You can vary the grid above with different actions to make the activity more physical and active. Another example of how you can modify the task is shown below which involves clapping, jumping and hopping.