This warmer is always a fun way to get your students thinking and practicing their vocabulary. I first came across this activity in this book, which has some great ideas for mini-brain workouts for quiet or tired students.
This activity is extremely easy to do and requires no pre-class preparation or materials.
Activity Time: 5 – 10 mins +
Materials required: pencil and paper for each pair of students
Number of students: 2 +
Skills practiced:Vocabulary revision
Level: All levels
- In pairs or groups students have to note down as many things as they can think of that fit a certain definition.
- For example, you might say to the class “How many things can you think of that are round?
- Each group then gets a certain amount of time to think and write down as many things as they can. The group with the most are the winners and get a point for that round.
- are bigger than an elephant?
- are smaller than a mouse?
- are long and thin?
- do people like to look at?
- can you sit on?
- are purple?
- cost more than £1000?
- are better than an iPhone?!
- fit in your pocket?
- are free?
Have a great game of activity you would like to share?
Submit it here